In December-January, I felt resistant to creating yearly goals for 2023. This surprised me, given how much I (normally) enjoy setting, tracking, and evaluating my goals.
However, I went with the flow this time and didn’t craft any goals at that time.
By early February, goals, pullings and wishes were bubbling up in me, and I started a list — but only when these ideas came to me (versus sitting down to devise and categorize goals). I also chose to focus mostly on goals for the first quarter (Q1) of 2023; I’d track the others, but not give them too much attention.
Inspired by the Happier Podcast episode in which Gretchen and Elizabeth reveal their “23 for 2023” and also by Dr. Katie Linder who publicly shares and tracks her goals, I decided to share mine.
My list of 23 in 2023 (Quarter 1)
As I created this, I was intentional about not wanting to draft a “to-do” list (I already make plenty of those) because that felt blah. Instead, I created a list that makes me smile and is enticing. Here it is:
- Dress in bright colours more often
- Have fun with my family
- Try something new every week
- Lead a hike for one of the hiking clubs I belong to
- Go to a heels dance class
- Order one time from Frock Box
- Do random acts of kindness
- Cook a new recipe
- Get to 92 pounds
- Sing three times live
- Learn a new song
- Do something new with Raúl one time each month
- Find someone who specializes in gut health for my eldest
- Get a massage
- Go to Aquasize three times
- Get bubble tea
- Hire a coach
- Obtain my Professional Certified Coach designation with the International Coaching Federation
- Write 2 blog posts/month
- Learn more about Mailchimp, SEO and Google Analytics
- Participate in the coaching facebook group weekly
- leaving it open
- leaving it open
I plan to review it frequently. I also give myself permission to modify it.